My ambition is going global: from this post on, I’ll be writing in English. I have a simple plan in mind – it’s to document the creation of the new font for sale from ground-up. I expect it to be a long daunting 2 month task. If I blog about this – it will be easier for me to stay charged and my fellow designers (and buyers) will have a good insight into ‘font making kitchen”.
So far I have made 3 fonts for sale: Bodega Script, Barracuda Display and Austen. And now you will be watching me make my version of Chancery Script (Italic, Italian Cursive).
I have a basic set of supplies:
– 2mm Leonardt 70 nib in Cretacolor Calligraph nib holder
– Black Calligraphy Ink also by Cretacolor
– Croquis Sketch Paper from Canson
– Adobe Illustrator
Making the first letter
Today I made an “a”. It took 4 pages of variants
I have chosen and digitized these three versions:
It might not be the final shapes. I might tweak them later on as I progress.
Stay tuned for updates!