I spent a couple of days away from the letters and then looked at my capitals with the fresh eye. And I didn’t like what I saw. So I ended up with a completely new alphabet, having adjusted almost every capital letter. I thought I would keep my lowercase letters relatively simple, while with the capitals I can really go nuts and make them a lot more decorative. And if some letter combinations do not look good, I can always use a more restrained version, that I created previously. So now I have 2 or more variants for almost every capital, that I can pack as stylistic alternative in my final .otf file.
Although I still have a lot of glyphs missing (numbers and punctuation), it is the time to move from Illustrator to FontLab. So, from now on, I’ll be filling my empty font file with glyphs that I have so far.